As you can see from the post below, we have begun putting sketches up on Youtube, each with their own distinctive covering picture. These pictures exist to set the tone for the sketch and to ensure there is something colourful for people to look at. With this in mind, workshop member Agnes and I set about creating some covering pictures, not for sketches which have been written, but for ones which we hope will be created in the future. However, when we sent them to Holly and Simon, they put their feet down and told us that our artistic talent was insufficient. Apparently there is a great divide forming between those in the workshop who can draw and those who can't.
In any case, Aggie and I have collected together our drawings and we submit them to you now for judgement. Remember, these sketches have not been created yet, we only have names. Vote for your favourite, which will then be recorded for your listening pleasure. Act quickly, before the arty types catch wind of this post and take it down. I'll put a snippet of imagined dialogue underneath each.
1) Dog Bowling - Stuart Gardener
Voiceover:
You've heard of alley cats, but what about an alley dog?
SFX: Dog Bowling Theme
*Burglar trips on rug and falls into cupboard under the stairs*
Burglar:
Oh, ouch, oh god, who left that...mop... coat hook in the back...trousers have come off. That's going to hurt in the...
SFX: Police Sirens
Burglar:
Could this day get any worse? Oh, okay, that broom's going to have to be removed surgically.
Could this day get any worse? Oh, okay, that broom's going to have to be removed surgically.
3) Bees - Agnes Henson
President Kennedy:
Somebody better do something about these godda-
[Bee #1 Enters]
Bee #1:
Buzzzzz
President Kennedy:
For the love of god, who left the lid off the presidential honey pot? You've killed us all.
Bee #1:
Buzzzzz
Buzzzzz
4) Attack of the Flying Arse - Stuart Gardener
Crazy Scientist:
They said I was crazy. They said I was crazy to wonder whether an arse could fly.
They said I was crazy. They said I was crazy to wonder whether an arse could fly.
Research Assistant:
That does sound pretty crazy.
Crazy Scientist:
How dare you! Flying arse, attack!
Crazy Scientist:
How dare you! Flying arse, attack!
Pope:
Ohh, Betty!
6) Court Appearance - Stuart Gardener
Judge:
I sentence you to five years hard labour.
I sentence you to five years hard labour.
Defendant:
Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?
Judge:
You want that? Fine! Gloves are coming off. You'd better have insurance cos I'm sending you to the hospital, muthafucka.
Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?
Judge:
You want that? Fine! Gloves are coming off. You'd better have insurance cos I'm sending you to the hospital, muthafucka.
Defendant:
Oh we are so fighting now. We are so fighting now.
7) Havana Wonderful Time - Agnes Henson
Fidel Castro:
My most trusted brother, before I die there is but one thing I ask.
Raul Castro:
Anything, anything for you.
Fidel Castro:
Set up the games table. I've got a real craving for monopoly.
Raul Castro:
My most trusted brother, before I die there is but one thing I ask.
Raul Castro:
Anything, anything for you.
Fidel Castro:
Set up the games table. I've got a real craving for monopoly.
Raul Castro:
You've got to be joking?!
Fidel Castro:
I'm going to get all the oranges.
Fidel Castro:
I'm going to get all the oranges.







No comments:
Post a Comment