Friday, 10 May 2013

Rehearsing (and plotting)

Following on from that flurry of excitement last week, where it seemed all the members of the Colchester Comedy Workshop were trying to out-do one another with ‘hilarious’ drawings and Shakespeare puns, we’ve all been rather quiet.

I believe this is simply due to the fact that we had a rehearsal for our sketches (to be performed at the Hythe Festival on the 25th of May) on Tuesday evening.

It was all going rather swimmingly, everyone knew all of their lines, we got a little feedback and worked out who was standing where and what was going on and how Father Christmas would get involved, everyone was happy and sparkly... all until the last sketch of the evening.
 
When ‘IT’ happened (no not information technology) I’m referring to the ‘incident’.

No? Still not clear?

Well I’ll have to spell it out for you then, thickie.

I performed.

That’s right. Me, H of the Powis.

You see the thing is that I was simply so astounding in my role, so utterly hilarious and guffaw inducing that, although the others chuckled and laughed at the time, they all went on to realise that during the Colchester Comedy Workshop Showcase they are going to have to follow my performance.

I feel for them, I really do.

In the meantime, of course, they have been quietly ferreting away, working out how they can make their performances awesomer, funnier, more marvellousa than mine.

I wish them luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment