Saturday 25th May 2013. That date will go down in history as the first ever live performance of the Colchester Comedy Workshop! It rather crept up on us, and we were perhaps less well rehearsed than we'd have liked, so some of us were a bit nervous, and those of us who weren't, quite frankly, should have been. Would it be a triumph, or would we make fools of ourselves - except in the ways we intended to - in front of tens of hundreds of thousands of millions of people? I may be exaggerating the size of the audience.
There were one or two teeny weeny hiccups. The time it took for me to transform myself into a mad Italian chef was longer than had been allocated, leaving poor James and Aggie sitting on stage in silence, but I think we got away with it. And when I performed my incredibly sexy striptease routine, perhaps I shouldn't have put my shirt down in the pasta salad (ably played in this performance by some macaroni cheese). It seemed like a good idea at the time, but for the rest of the show there was macaroni cheese on everything. If you've ever thought it would be really good if everything was covered in macaroni cheese, I can tell you now that you're wrong.
But people laughed in all the right places, so all in all I think we can chalk it up as a magnificent, triumphant debut. Next time we'll have more rehearsals. And less macaroni cheese.


No comments:
Post a Comment