I believe it was Holly Powis who once said "James Sarek is to write the next blog post". Or words to that effect.
And here it is.
I know you've all been champing at the bit to find out what's been going on in the world of the Colchester Comedy Workshop and I can only apologise that I have left you there waiting with bated breath. Well, exhale, and let the bate out. The workshop has been in a period of transition and me personally, I've been busy (which includes procrastinating).
So, what have I got to tell you? Two of our stalwarts, Stuart Gardener and Agnes Henson, have moved onto pastures new, namely Sidcup and Leeds, to further their educations and hopefully make their respective marks in the regions comedically. But that doesn't mean things have ground to a halt, oh no - there's lots of fun to come this year.
We're hoping to put together another Comedy Night in the wake of the vaguely successful AltCom held at 15 Queen Street in July, with late November potentially pencilled in at a venue near you (near you if you live in Colchester Town). We aim to bring local quality at an affordable price so that you can all share in the laughter, the tears you cry from laughing too much and the stomach pains you have for the very same reason. There's also a chance we'll have a Comedy Open Mic so you lot can get some chops on the circuit. Sounds good no?
Not only that, we still run two meetings a month - though our regular Tuesday meeting has changed location! We're now at The Waiting Room on the first Tuesday of every month, a new venue in town aimed at us creative types. The second meeting remains at Slack Space on the third Thursday, both starting at 7.30pm. There'll be agendas for meetings sent out in advance so do be on the lookout for that, and get in contact if you'd like to join our mailing list: email us at colchestercomedyworkshop@gmail.com.
We'd also welcome filmmakers into our bosoms to have a go at recording our sketches, our wonderfully funny sketches, some of which have been committed to audio in our fantastic podcast that you can find on Soundcloud, just search for the workshop through Google and you should find it. That'll be something else we hope to keep going.
To my mind, times are exciting and we really welcome newcomers with open arms. Arms that'll we close round you, hug you with, but not to the point of suffocation. You can't say fairer than that.
So, I sign off, and pass the baton onto Simon Goodway to post next. Over to you, Mr Goodway.
No comments:
Post a Comment